Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Little About me

A Little About Me
I am a 35 year old, single mother of five. Well, single may not exactly be the right word. I am a wife for one week about every two years. I love my husband very much and when it counts he has proven he would hold the sun in his hands if it meant protecting me and mine. No, he's not in the military or even in jail. He does however suffer from a very common male disease I call I.S.,short for immaturity syndrome. But on a more supportive note, I have a very strong network of family who would travel through a Maricopa dust storm to make sure my children have everything they need.

I come from a tight knit family of adapters and over comers. Some of us haven't picked up the phone and spoken to each other in years, but all any of us would have to do is post an SOS message on Facebook and we will all rally around as if our last family reunion were yesterday. Or we call Aunt Flo cause we know she won't rest until every member of the Noble/Martin/Stark/Green family has been "inspired" to help. Overall, we are a God fearing, musically talented, open hearted family that will praise God through both triumpth and crisis. But it's in the midst of those storms, that we laugh the hardest and arm ourselves with a sarcasm that at times can cut deeper than knives.

So, what's up with the title? This is the scale by which all lifes events are measured. This is my version of that ridiculous medical pain scale the triage nurse uses, like I'd really be sitting here for 3 hours in a room where I have to sneak to text, if my pain was anything under a 5.

A Tylenol day for most of us parents is a typical day. The kids drove us crazy but all in all no major upsets.

The mid range would be a Vicodin day. It could have been worse but you're afraid to ask how.

Oxy or Percocet is tougher. It's like when my husband left in the middle of the night. A pain so extreme, emptiness so deep your tears come from a proverbial hole in your stomach. But you know in time this too shall pass.

Then there's Morphine. This is a day I thank God I have never experienced. Some days have been close, (like the death of the one you didn't get to say good bye to.) But this is more devastating like losing your mom or your child. This is a day where if you had a bottle of Morphine your fear of eternal hell is the only thing stopping you from downing them all.

Of course, I'm not suggesting you pop any pills as a pain reliever for life. And you're crazy if what you take from this is prescription drugs are the answer. This is just my way of measuring my day and reminding myself to thank God it wasn't worse.

I started this blog to share a piece of myself with anyone interested in a slice. This is my invitation for you to join the conversations I have daily with my mom, sisters and family about our lives, our experiences and what's going on in the world around us. I'm passionate and opinionated about just about everything. My prayer is that you take something from this whether you agree with me or not. Be inspired to attack your trials with humor, praise God even when you can't yet see the rainbow and remember if your day was a Tylenol or a Vicodin someone's was a Morphine.

For God, For my mom, For me

XOXO

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment